Re: Printer problem

On Fri, 2010-04-09 at 07:36 -0500, Richard Shaw wrote:
> Since there is a tool, I wonder why can this
> not be integrated with CUPS/HPLIP?

The question should be posed the other way around: since CUPS supports a
generic way for any driver or backend to report marker levels, why don't
more drivers use it?

In fact, HPLIP is one of the very few drivers that does report ink
levels using the recommended method.  It requires you to have printed
job to the queue, though, and I bet you didn't before checking the ink
levels..?

Tim.
*/