Re: Printer problem

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 5:23 AM, Tim Waugh <twaugh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 14:02 -0500, Richard Shaw wrote:
>> Yes, I did finally run across that bug in bugzilla and verified I was
>> having the same problem. I tried updating the packages from the
>> link... I downloaded all the x86_64 packages but for some reason yum
>> kept trying to pull in hplip.i686 which I don't currently have
>> installed.
>
> It has been pushed to updates-testing now so before too long you will be
> able to do this:
>
> yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update 'hpijs*' 'hplip*' 'libsane-hp*'

I ended up just deleting all my printer queues and recreating them
which fixed the problem including the "Low ink level". It's now back
to saying that ink level reporting is not supported. I was previously
unfamiliar with the "hp-levels" tool which reports that both black and
color are at about 90%. Since there is a tool, I wonder why can this
not be integrated with CUPS/HPLIP?

Thanks,
Richard