Re: Flickering screen with kernel 2.6.32

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 3:14 AM, Alberto Ferrante <alberto_ferrante@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for your reply Dale,

>> I run Fedora 12 on my IBM T60 laptop and with the last two kernel
>> releases (the two 2.6.32 ones) I have a strange problem. All is fine on
>> the laptop screen. Thought, when I connect the computer to the docking
>> station the images on the external screen are flickering. To be precise,
>> the image is stable in a small section located in the center of the
>> screen, but it is not in all the other parts. The T60 has an ATI graphic
>> card and I am using the radeon driver provided in the kernel. All works
>> fine with previous kernels (at the moment I am using the
>> 2.6.31.12-174.2.22.fc12.i686 release).
>>

> Have you tested with and without nomodeset?
>   cat /proc/cmdline

Actually using nomodeset solves the problem, thanks for suggesting this!!

> What video card?
>   lspci | grep -i video

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility
X1400

> What ati drivers?

The radeon drivers provided in the kernel (radeon kernel module, radeon
xorg driver).

Please report this via bugzilla, and attach dmesg and Xorg.0.log with and without
nomodeset so that the bug is documented.

--
Dale Dellutri