Re: FPL steps down: what's the real story?

On 7 April 2010 21:59, Marcel Rieux <m.z.rieux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My point was that he wasn't breaking even. Rahul said that since Ubuntu is
> not a public company, it's impossible to know this for sure. And we don't.
>
> But I read an interview with Shuttleworth less than 3 months ago and he
> certainly said so and though he's certainly a very shrewd businessman, I
> didn't hear anybody contesting this claim.

You answered this in your first paragraph. No-one possesses the facts
apart from Mark Shuttleworth so no-one can contest the claim. Lack of
evidence to the contrary is not considered proof of a hypothesis and
to my standards of reason never has been.

> "I have seen all that data before but I don't see the point you are
> trying to make.  You might as well as state it directly."
>
> Given the discussion we had here on some developers "contributing their
> work" for free... and others receiving a paltry pay in India, does anybody
> here have a problem understanding what I mean?

Yes. You don't seem to have a point. I don't think Rahul is alone in
feeling this. What are you trying to say exactly?

--
Sam