Re: Printer IDs in Fedora 13: your help is neeeded!

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 00:18:00 +0200
Gianluca Sforna <giallu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
> as you probably know, Fedora 13 has a new automatic printer driver
> installation feature[1], but for the automatic printer driver
> installation to work properly we need your Device IDs! Many IDs are
> missing for current printers, and some existing IDs are incorrect.

And bugs filed about them have been ignored for two years, autoclosed and
deleted.

You could start by blacklisting the USB device with

idVendor=0b4d, idProduct=1115

which cups likes to leap upon despite the fact its a bladed cutting
machine not a printer and doesn't work via the Linux printing layer (in
fact as its a cutting machine the existing behaviour is plain dangerous)

Alan