Re: USB Bluetooth Recommendations

Fedora User writes:

Fedora 12
Application=Connect mobile  phone to laptop.

Any suggestions on what is known to work would be appreciated.

Are you certain that this is the only way you can tether to your phone?

Modern phones also offer a mini or a micro USB jack. Just for giggles, I plugged my new Nokia via the USB cable. The phone automatically offers me a "PC Suite" or "Data Storage" connection mode. In data storage mode, I get a boring mount of the SD card inside the phone. If I choose "PC Suite", the "Mobile broadband" option in Network Manager appears out of nowhere, and I get a menu entry to set up a new broadband GSM connection.

Since I do not have a data plan I haven't really tried it, but it certainly looks like it will work.