Re: CD/DVD automount in Fedora 12

Hello Rick,

> Andrew, first off you should sort out why you're getting kernel
> oopses.  That's just bad in any case.  I'd look at /var/log/messages
> and dmesg and look for anything regarding your DVD/CD drive.

Yeah, I have a feeling these oopses are not a good sign.
Have to investigate it in more details, although I'm not sure where to
start. I think I'll gather as much info as possible and will post in
another topic...

> I can't recall if you mentioned that he could manually mount a data
> CD/DVD.  If you can't, then there's something much more basically wrong
> with your system.

I can mount a CD/DVD manually and it works Ok then.

> If you _can_ do a manual mount, try creating a new desktop user
> account, log in as that user and see if an automount works.  This would
> isolate whether the problem is system-wide or just with your account.

Yep, just did so. The problem is system-wide: automount didn't work
for a new user either (while manual mount still worked fine).

--
Best regards,
 Andrew