Re: Fedora and long threads - positive rather than negative!

On Fri, 2010-04-02 at 18:18 +0100, mike cloaked wrote:
> What kind of response do you get when running XP if you come across a
> problem - where do you go to get a bug fixed within a matter of days
> or perhaps even a few weeks when running XP or Vista? Is it even
> possible to get fast turn around and a response direct from a
> developer or packager (if the latter exists for those OSes)?

Or can you even get a "fix" rather than a workaround (avoid doing this,
so it won't crash, rather than fix the fault so it actually does what
you want)?

Yes, my experiences have been similar to Mike and Patrick's, hours of my
life wasted with Windows research/download/install/reboot/repeat,
individually for everything (hardware and software) on the computer,
where you can't get anything else done at the same time; versus a few
minutes of starting one all-encompassing yum update, that does the lot,
and I can carry on working at the same time.

I haven't needed Windows for anything, for several years now, and that
has been a huge relief.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686