Re: Firefox not running: unable to load XPCOM (was Re: )

Hello Don,

On Friday 02 April 2010 07:38 AM, David García Granda wrote:

>>> 1.- Did you try strace (strace -o strace.log firefox)?. If
>>> not, please
>>> do it and post trace output file (strace.log in the example
>>> mentioned)
>>> for inspection.
>>>
>>> 2.- Which architecture are you running (i686, x86_64)?. Do
>>> you have
>>> mixed libraries?
>>>
>>> 3.- Can you paste the content of configuration files stored
>>> under /etc/gre.d/?
>>

>> output of strace -o strace.log firefox
>> Couldn't load XPCOM.
>
> I wanted to mean the strace.log file. Can you please compress it
> (gzip) and attach it?

If it is too big (more than a 100 Kb) the list might block your message.
In that case maybe pasting the contents in a paste bin of some sorts
would be a good idea.

http://pastebin.com/ or http://paste-it.net/ or somewhere else to your
liking.

>> the only file under /etc/gre.d is gre.conf
>>
>> sudo cat /etc/gre.d/gre.conf
>> [1.9.1.9]
>> GRE_PATH=/usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9.1
>> xulrunner=true
>> abi=x86-gcc3[donvogt@localhost ~]$
>
> This looks good.
>
>> I am running  kernel 2.6.32.10-90.fc12.i686 on a i686 athlon
>> I have no mixed libraries
>
> That's great.
>
>> I apologize for my screwed up messages. My excuses are
>> 1. I am an old man
>> 2. I just had some tooth roots extracted
>> 3. I am on codiene for the pain
>> 4. I use digests and find replying to several messages at the same time confusing.
>> 5.No excuse sir. I will try to be more careful. (I have stopped the codiene.)
>>
>> I really appreciate the help. I am well above my depth here.

No problems. :)

--
Suvayu