Virtualization

Hi
I am sorry if it has been asked before, but could not come up with the search terms to look it and I have not seen discussed on the WIKIs

I am totally noob to virtualization and I was planning to start learning myself.
I have a dual boot system (FC12, Win2k SP4).

My question is ,If I want to convert it to a virtualized system, FC12 as the host system, win2k as a guest OS, do I have to
reformat my HD, reinstall FC12, and then install win2k, or can I just install yum install the virtual parts for kvm and have it start as a guest
the already isntalled win2k ?

Thanks!

JP
--