Re: Fox News Channels videos won't play--SOLVED

On 04/02/2010 09:31 AM, Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 22:22 -0400, Temlakos wrote:
>
>> On 04/01/2010 09:23 PM, Aram J. Agajanian wrote:

>>> I am using flash 10.0.45.2 (64 bit) and Fedora 11 (with Firefox 3.5.9).
>>>
>>> Fox News videos wouldn't play until I uninstalled
>>> nspluginwrapper.x86_64.
>>>

>> And how did you do that?
>>

> Confirmed on my system. Running F12 x86_64 with FF 3.6.2 (latest from
> Remi's repository). Uninstalling nspluginwrapper allows the Flash object
> on Fox News Website to play without issue.
>
> Command to uninstall nspluginwrapper is:
> rpm -e nspluginwrapper-1.3.0-10.fc12.x86_64
>
> Re-installing nspluginwrapper causes the 64-bit Flash player to fail.
>
> I suggest we open a BZ against the 64-bit version of nspluginwrapper as
> it is attempting to "wrap" 64-bit plugins such as Flash-64 in a way that
> is causing them to fail when called with certain scripts. This also
> might point to why the 32-bit Adobe Reader plugin fails to load in F12
> x86_64...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris

Thanks for the tip.

Now for everyone's information, I removed nspluginwrapper from my
installed base of RPMs, using my particular package manager, which
happens to be Smart. Then I reloaded Firefox and went back to that page
I built, with the embedded video from Fox News Channel. And this time,
it played.

Chris, may I suggest that the problem is a bit wider than the 64-bit
version. The 32-bit version does the same. My plugins were all using
"nswrapper-32-32." Now, without nspluginwrapper, they're all back to
their native .so files.

So: /all/ version of nspluginwrapper cause problems for videos called
with certain scripts. You can't even get the embedding code with
nspluginwrapper in place.

Temlakos