Re: Fox News Channels videos won't play

On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 22:22 -0400, Temlakos wrote:
> On 04/01/2010 09:23 PM, Aram J. Agajanian wrote:
> > On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 09:49:27 -0400
> > Temlakos<temlakos@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
> >

> >> I've come back to this issue of the Fox News Channel videos not
> >> wanting to play, because perhaps I have some more information that
> >> might provide a clue.
> >>
> >> Fox News Channel hosts a number of videos, and provides an embedding
> >> link to each one. About an hour ago, I went to find one. When my
> >> Fedora 12/Firefox 3.5.8 setup wouldn't play nice, I went to another
> >> machine that had Windows XP on it. I was able to play the video
> >> there, and to get the embedding script. I got it and pasted it into
> >> an article I wrote.
> >>
> >> And when I went to display my article, guess what? The video wouldn't
> >> play.
> >>

> > I am using flash 10.0.45.2 (64 bit) and Fedora 11 (with Firefox 3.5.9).
> >
> > Fox News videos wouldn't play until I uninstalled
> > nspluginwrapper.x86_64.
> >
> And how did you do that?

Confirmed on my system. Running F12 x86_64 with FF 3.6.2 (latest from
Remi's repository). Uninstalling nspluginwrapper allows the Flash object
on Fox News Website to play without issue.

Command to uninstall nspluginwrapper is:
rpm -e nspluginwrapper-1.3.0-10.fc12.x86_64

Re-installing nspluginwrapper causes the 64-bit Flash player to fail.

I suggest we open a BZ against the 64-bit version of nspluginwrapper as
it is attempting to "wrap" 64-bit plugins such as Flash-64 in a way that
is causing them to fail when called with certain scripts. This also
might point to why the 32-bit Adobe Reader plugin fails to load in F12
x86_64...

Cheers,

Chris

--
"You see things as they are and ask, 'Why?'

-- George Bernard Shaw