Re: Login errors after network change

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 12:15 AM, Craig White <craigwhite@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-04-02 at 00:07 -0400, Kwan Lowe wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 11:56 PM, Craig White <craigwhite@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> > yes, I can see what you mean
>> >
>> > truth be told, for a completely static NIC, many of us 'old-timers'
>> > would turn off NetworkManager, turn on 'network' put 'ONBOOT=yes' in the
>> > configuration and be done with it.
>> >
>> > ;-)
>> >
>> > Craig

Hmm.. Got a more interesting one now..

I'm logged in as an LDAP non-privileged user. From the menus, I select
System|Administration|Add/Remove Software.  I add a couple packages
such as screen and dialog.  On clicking Apply, I am warned:

"You have failed to provide correct authentication. Please check any
passwords or account settings."

I don't see any place to provide this authentication in the menus.

If I exit out and try to run the "gpk-application" (not sure if this
is the correct app) I get a warning that I'm running as a privileged
user.

It's caching my credentials somewhere, because I know that at one
point I was prompted to enter root password.