Re: How to remove linux partition

On 03/28/2010 04:53 AM, Antonio Olivares wrote:

>> I've not had to mess with Windows partitions much...but I
>> don't recall
>> the Linux tools being much good at fiddling with NTFS.
>>
>> It would be my suggestion to get a copy of "Partition
>> Magic".  Its a
>> good Windows utility that can be had for a "good price" if
>> you know
>> where to look.
>>

> I am sadly disagreeing with the above advice :(

No need to be sad...  As I said, I've not worked with Windows in a long
time.  Nice to see so many folks willing to correct me.
> The linux tools have greatly improved.  The OP has many choices
>
> 1) use the "Manage" options directly from windows and resize the disk there using Microsoft's own tools.
>
> 2) use Gparted LiveCD/SystemRescueCD/PartedMagic/ plain old cfdisk from any linux live cd and delete the partition then extend it like Patrick and others have suggested
>
> 3) Your own solution(pay some $ for Partition Magic or get a trial copy, ...?)

The last time I got my copy it didn't cost me anything.  I only needed
to use it once, about 3 years ago.  I just knew where to look.  ;-)

> I would take option (2) most of the time if not all the time :)
> The linux tools are getting better and better with each release (there are exceptions of course^{1})

Sounds like a good idea.  Hope I can remember it if I should need it in
the future.