Re: latest kernel boots to a blank screen

On 03/24/2010 10:14 AM, ka1ifq wrote:
> "On 03:57:39 am Mogens Kjaer<mk@xxxxxx>  said"
>
>> On 03/24/2010 06:57 AM, ka1ifq wrote:
>>

>>> If the system boots to a black screen, how do you run the add / remove
>>> software??
>>>
>> Can't you boot into runlevel 3?
>>
>> Mogens
>>

>   I could. I did try booting previous kernels from the list at boot, but it
> provides the same black screen.
>   I did try many other things listed here to no avail. I do not wish to reload
> as I will loose some programs and libs I compiled for a project. I am not sure
> booting to RL3 will help as I have tried many solutions from command line
> also.
>   I usually use another Linux flavor, but used FC12 as I was working on a
> project with another person, kinda bummed this happened. I guess I may have to
> start from scratch if I do not find a sloution soon.
>
> Mike.

Is there no way to get those custom libs off ?

I know I had to completely wipe my machine and I had 4 tbit to loose
Tell me I was not choked?

It was exactly the same thing

Black screen and no way to recover.

Just remember Install fc12
Add remove software select your Nvidia driver
The new kernel will install with the Nvidia

Blacklist Nouveau in grub.config
Lower selinux defense so the driver will load
Reboot and enjoy

Michael Miles
mmamiga6