Re: Tell me proper URL for yum checking

Yes, and what he told you is that there is no legal URL for a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 yum repository. A Red Hat Network subscription (which uses up2date) is required. Now if you happen to have an RHN subscription, up2date can be coerced into using a third party yum repository. See /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources

If you don't have an RHN subscription, you can convert your RHEL4 to CentOS4 by replacing the redhat-release with centos-release (IIRC) then use the CentOS4 yum repositories.

--
Chris Kloiber