Re: How to Install Nvidia Driver in Fedora12?

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 8:06 AM, Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 March 2010 04:15:51 am Marcel Rieux wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 2:55 AM, Amiga5 <Amiga5@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > in your grub.conf add
>> >
>> > In order to keep compatibility with nouveau
>>
>> lsmod | grep nouveau
>>
>> outputs nothing. So, I suppose I don't have compatibility with Nouveau.
>
> lsmod lists modules that are  currently loaded into the kernel. It has nothing
> whatsoever to do with compatibility.

I know, I don't want to achieve compatibility. I just want to make
sure that there is no halfway right compatibility setting that would
prevent the Nvidia driver from working correctly.

You'll remember that I have problems with getting two "clean" monitors
(5x4 monitor/ 16x9 tv).

> P.S. Marcel, note the total absence of smileys and the lack of "HTH" in my
> signature above. It might have something to do with car differentials and
> sarcasm. Think about it.

What you must understand here is that you're dealing with a Karl 3,
Microsoft troll freeloader who will soon dare discuss users' POV on
Fedora's development model on a Fedora general group instead of on
LWN's forums.

In these conditions, sarcasm makes for shorter answers.