Re: In eveloution how do I

On Wed, 2010-03-17 at 07:35 -0400, Terry Polzin wrote:
> On Wednesday March 17 2010 00:37:49 Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > On Wed, 2010-03-17 at 00:13 -0400, Terry Polzin wrote:
> > > *  Filter messages as they arrive like I do kmail?
> >
> > Edit->Message Filters. Make sure filtering is enabled under Receiving
> > Options in the Preferences pane.
> >
> > > *  Expire messages in folders like I do in kmail?
> >
> > Since we don't know what you do in Kmail, perhaps you could explain. Evo
> > has no concept of expiring messages. You delete them and some time later
> > expunge the folder. You can expunge automatically on leaving the
> > session.
> >
> > poc
> typically I have folders for my mail lists, so I can "separate the wheat from
> the chaff" so to speak.  I purge the read messages that are > 21 days old from
> them.

You can set up a Search Folder (or virtual folder) to match on any
criteria you like, including age. Once in a while visit the folder and
delete everything. This last part is manual as Evo has no concept of
scheduling future actions. Note also that the messages will only be
marked for deletion. You need to expunge the folder for them to go away.
This is a consequence of how IMAP works.

poc