Fedora 12 missing docbook.cat / docbook-xsl.cat

   I'm seeing builds using xsltproc (gnome-applets in this case) take an age.

   Investigation shows that xmlReadFile is actualyl going off to the
oasis-open website to get DTDs for verification, where I believe it should
be using local copies from docbook-dtds.

   I think the problem is xml-common's /etc/xml/catalog:  in the CentOs 5
and Fedora 12 systems I have access to, this file specifically redirects
oasis-open URIs to another catalog (/usr/share/sgml/docbook/xmlcatalog which
I have on my box), which is turn directs refs. to the dtd in question to the
local copy (again, which I have).

   However, my Fedora 12 /etc/xml/catalog contains no refs. to oasis at all,
but instead starts:

   <nextCatalog catalog="docbook-xsl.cat"/>
   <nextCatalog catalog="docbook.cat"/>

   These are searched for (strace) in /etc/xml but they're not there.  I do
have something like that it /etc/sgml, but they don't seem to be accessed.

   Once /etc/xml/catalog is read, and the files above fail to be opened, it
then goes off to do an actual HTTP GET on the dtds, which either is slow, or
flakey (can fail & kill the build) or both.

   Am I missing these files?  If these others should be being used, why
aren't they?

--
[neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature