Re: Charging USB devices with Fedora

Hiisi wrote:
> 2010/3/17 NoSpaze <nospaze@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
>> Am Mittwoch, den 17.03.2010, 12:33 +0100 schrieb Ambrogio:
>>
>>> It's very strange that 2 different devices bought in the same store at
>>> the same moment are both dead.
>>>
>> I cant' understand if you are able to charge also from the wall power
>> adapter. Anyway, it doesn't seem to be a linux issue; could be:
>> - Cable damaged
>>

> Agreed here. And even more: recently I've bought a nice brand new
> chinise cellphone. It uses USB for battery charge and also for data
> transfer. But I can't use it with every USB-cable. It works only with
> manufacturer cable which looks exactly the same as an ordinary one.

My Nokia cellphone, Canon Camera, mp3 player, and both my GPS units are
made in China.  They all use standard USB cables and charge just fine
when plugged into the USB ports of my system.

I think it is better to bad mouth a manufacturer than a country.

--
Hence the saying: One may know how to conquer without being able to do
it. --The Art of War by Sun Tzu Chapter IV:Tactical Dispositions