Re: Deafening silence

On Sun, 2010-03-14 at 20:23 -0400, Marcel Rieux wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Craig White <craigwhite@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Of course a blog is exactly the right forum for those kinds of broad
> > based, opinion diatribes while the list is exactly the wrong place but
> > one thing that seems to be consistent between people like Karl and
> > Marcel (and his previous identity, gilpel@xxxxxxxxxx) is their inability
> > to discern that their behavior had all the reverse effects of their
> > intentions... that instead of getting more attention, they simply got
> > added to many people's kill lists and were ignored by more and more
> > people with each clueless posting.
>
> Ecept by you it seems. You never miss an occasion to spew your
> nonsense on this group, do you?
----
I probably miss more than my share of opportunities.

If you actually bother to look back, I've been a member of RH various
mail lists for over 10 years now. There was a time when I was impatient
for Linux to replace Macintosh and Windows computers on every desktop
but eventually I figured out that is not the mission of all the people
who are actually working on it and have learned to appreciate it for
what it is. I also appreciate that I am able to participate in the
process, clearly an opportunity not available to me on proprietary
software.

It should occur to you by the lack of response and even the side
comments that your rants are off base/off target/off topic and get no
traction on this list. I do hope that at some point, you too will obtain
your BGO moment (Blinding Glimpse of the Obvious). Until then, this list
is really not a place for your political aspirations for Linux... it's
just a list for Fedora users to get help with understanding and fixing
their problems.

Get your own blog - you can rant all you wish.

Craig

believed to be clean.