Re: Deafening silence

On Sunday 14 March 2010 03:29:40 pm Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-03-14 at 17:19 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> > In another post, Tim has pondered if we aren't seeking the emergence of
> > "Karl 3.0".  An update, Karl is alive and well and dispensing
> > questionable advice on the Ubuntu lists.
>
> I came here too late to have the Karl experience some of you mention, so
> I can't really make a comparison. What I do think is that a 200-line
> post that appears mostly to be about Red Hat versus Google (I say
> appears because I started skimming at the third paragraph) would be
> better on a blog and not on this list.

That is exactly the thing Karl was used to do on a regular basis. And yes, he
was suggested to create a blog more than several times, by a number of people,
and to stop flooding the list with questionable advice no one has asked for. Of
course, he never did it, and eventually got disappointed with Fedora and
switched to Ubuntu. His "legacy" is in the list archives if you are interested
to read. Just do a search on his name. :-)

Still, somehow I doubt that anyone in the future will be able to beat "the
times of Karl" on this list ever again. Some things just don't happen twice...
;-)

Best, :-)
Marko