Re: Deafening silence

On Sunday 14 March 2010 06:00:08 pm Mail Lists wrote:
> On 03/14/2010 01:41 PM, Craig White wrote:
> > Linux has had sound devices and drivers since way back but the software
> > had always laid claim to the devices directly which didn't permit things
> > like alert sounds sent by the OS when you were say playing music or
> > watching youtube or whatever.
>
>   And if you want your music without interruptions (os or mail beeps) -
> I assume that is easily configurable?

Just mute system sounds in pavucontrol. And maybe skype, flash plugin and
couple of other apps that are known to be noisy.

That said, the only time I hear system sounds is during bootup/shutdown of
KDE. Other than that it is completely silent and the only audio activity is
the one I deliberately activate.

HTH, :-)
Marko