Re: FC12 livecd-iso-to-disk woes

On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 02:39:33 -0800,
  Don Quixote de la Mancha <quixote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I haven't tried it myself, or looked at the livecd-iso-to-disk code,
> but are you sure that you want /dev/sdc1 and not /dev/sdc?

You can make either work and I have done so. However some bios' will only
boot from one type or the other. I haven't figured out everything related to
this, but NTFS support is one area that seems to be different depending
on whether or not you use a partition table. A different bootstrap method
is used depending on whether or not you use a partition table. And I think
only one currently supports NTFS. I wanted to use NTFS in order to support
a squashfs image over 4 GiB and be mountable on random Windows machines.