Re: My contribution

On Sat, 2010-03-06 at 16:01 -0500, Marcel Rieux wrote:
> Yes, I must agree. Having to wait less than 2 years to get a clipboard
> that really works or to be asked if you really want to delete files is
> [completely] unrealistic.

With regards to the file-deletion prompt, the option has been available
and enabled by default for at least the past two Fedora releases (that I
can recall). In the "Behavior" tab of the preferences, it's the "Ask
before emptying the Trash or deleting files" option.

From my experience with it, when you "delete" a file in Nautilus it is
just moved to the Trash (hence, no prompt since it can easily be
recovered). It is when you move to permanently delete a file (either by
removing it from the Trash or, if you have the option enabled, deleting
it and bypassing the Trash entirely) that you are prompted.
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42) <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Who am I? :: http://thecodergeek.com/about-me