Re: nfs mounting

On Friday 05 March 2010 11:11:32 Mike Chambers wrote:
> I have nfs setup, and works great.  But the way I have it mounted, is at
> boot via /etc/rc.local file with a mount command listed.  I was
> wondering if there was another way to get it mounted, or a more
> automated way via a script that does just that or something?
>
> I already tried and don't want auto mounting, as there are times when
> want to ftp or download file from internet and that directory isn't
> accessible until you click on it via file browser or whatever.

Edit your /etc/fstab file and put the mount in there.

E.G.

oldcrescent:/users/molloyt	/home/network  nfs	bg,hard,intr,rsi
ze=8192,wsize=8192,nfsvers=3      0 0

All the above is one line.

It says:

mount /users/molloyt from nfs server oldcrescent
mount it on local path /home/network
its a nfs mount
and the rest are just arguements to the mount command.

Hope this helps.

TOny

--

Chief Technical Officer.                   Tel: +353 061-202778
Dept. of Comp. Sci.