Re: postfix issue...

On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 16:33 -0800, bruce wrote:
> hey...
>
> one more question.
>
> the tests i've done work, but the sender/from name on the email is the
> system name of the account that's doing the sending.
>
> is there a param in the main.cf file that can be set to force the
> sender/from name to a given name?
----
not that I am aware of because that would be a very untypical use of an
smtp server. The typical usage is to pass mail on for all users and not
to 'rewrite' the sender (or at least not the part before the domain).

You might want to google 'postfix rewrite sender' but as I said, in
general, an smtp server is agnostic to the actual sender and Postfix is
as flexible as they come.

You could possibly use generic mapping...
http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html#generic

but that would require a previously established mapping table.

Craig

believed to be clean.