Re: rpm providing pdftopdf in fedora 12?

On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 14:12:11 -0800 (PST) Patrick Bartek
<bartek047@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> --- On Thu, 3/4/10, Ranjan Maitra <maitra@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I seem to recall that there was a pdftopdf in Fedora 11
> > (from what I
> > recall). Which package provides this in Fedora 12?
> >
> > I tried yum provides */pdftopdf and yum provides */*/pdf
> > and yum
> > provides */bin/pdf and yum provides *bin/pdf to no avail.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
>
> I'm confused.  Do you really mean pdftopdf?  If you already have a pdf file, why the need to convert it to pdf?

Hi,

Thanks very much! Good point. The trouble is that my pdf file is 12 MB
long. The website for a journal will only accept 6MB. There are all
these sites (Manuscript Central, EES, etc) which take a huge pdf file
(such as 25 MB) lets say and convert it to something very small (such
as 2 or 3 MB, lets say) so that it can go for peer review and they have
to be using some conversion program. I was thinking that it is
pdftopdf. But maybe not.

Any suggestions?

Best wishes,
Ranjan