Re: Disk error??

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 12:14 AM, Mike McCarty
<Mike.McCarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You reformat and reuse failing drives? Did I read that right?

Corrupted filesystems, or borked operating systems, but not bad
drives.  If the failure was not caused by the drive itself, and I can
prove that by running all the diagnostics, then it is safe to reuse
the drive.

>> I'm gonna write this all up in a more coherent and detailed way and
>> post it on my website: http://www.dulcineatech.com/  I'll post the
>> link here when it's online.  But probably not until this weekend.
>
> I'm sure we're all waiting, like the fisher, with baited breath.
>
> I know I'm interested in reading what you have to say.

Thank You!  I appreciate your encouragement.

A significant difference between all my articles and all my email list
posts, is that I do take the time to research the articles.  List
posting are generally written directly from memory with no research at
all.

So thanks for setting me straight on all that.  I'll make sure to get it right.

Don Quixote
--
Don Quixote de la Mancha
quixote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx