Disk error??

Hi

The hard disk on a laptop shows failing error "Disk had many bad
sectors' it suggests 'backup data and replace disk. Of course, this
test information was generated by Palimpsest Disk Utility on F12.
However, when I used self-test utility from BIOS (HP 6710), it passed
all tests.

Which result is reliable, one from Palimpsest Dish Utility or BIOS
self-test utiltity?

if this disk is failing, how can I check what section or partition
where errors reside?

Best

http://etvillage.blogspot.com/