Looking for advise on a special grub setup.

I have two hard drives which look like this:

/dev/sda6             9.4G  1.5G  7.5G  16% /
/dev/sda11             85G   45G   36G  57% /g
/dev/sda10             30G  6.1G   23G  22% /h
/dev/sda5              30G   21G  7.6G  74% /home
/dev/sda8             1.9G   36M  1.8G   2% /tmp
/dev/sda9             9.3G  4.7G  4.1G  54% /e
/dev/sda2              31G   19G  9.9G  66% /var
/dev/sda3              31G  9.4G   20G  33% /usr
/dev/sdb1             294G  244G   36G  88% /d2
/dev/sda1             479M   52M  403M  12% /boot
tmpfs                 1.5G  472K  1.5G   1% /dev/shm

I just bought a new 1T SATA drive to add to the mix, and here's what I'd like
to do (but I don't understand how to do it).

I want to add the new drive as a third disk so that the system will continue
to boot off of sda. I'm current;y running F10 in 32 bit mode.

After I add the new drive, it will be seen as sdc, and I will want to install
F12 in 64 bit mode on sdc.

Q0: Can I tell the install DVD to install on sdc and to leave sda alone?

Q1: Is it possible to have multiple bootable devices? And how do I do this?

Next, after I'm thrilled to death that sdc is how I want it to be, I want to
make a cutover so that sdc will then become the primary boot device. My
understanding is that the four SATA plugs I have on my motherboard are defined
so that one (currently sda) is considered to be the primary device.

Q2: When I do a cutover, do I have to switch the cables on the new sdc and
what is now sda? Will the new drive end up being referred as sda and the now
current sda become sdc?

Q3: Is there a grub command I need to run to make the new drive become the
bootable device? Or do I have to then reload from scratch to make it all work?

Thanks :-)

steveo at syslang.net