Fedora 12: issue with PyGTK2/Python based applications

Hello Everyone
I have been having a very annoying problem with a lot of Python/PyGTK2
based applications.  I can only run them as root.  If I try to run them as
a regular user, they fail somewhat like this:

[steve@localhost ~]$ listen
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "listen", line 37, in <module>
    import gobject
ImportError: No module named gobject
[steve@localhost ~]$

[steve@localhost ~]$ bleachbit
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/bleachbit", line 41, in <module>
    import gtk
ImportError: No module named gtk
[steve@localhost ~]$

I tried re-compiling the pygtk2 SRPM from Rawhide.  I successfully updated
with the resulting RPM's.  bleachbit and listen both started working as a
regular user!  Unfortunately, I then rebooted into the latest kernel.  The
result was that listen and bleachbit no longer worked as a regular user...
I have since used "yum downgrade" to downgrade back to the original pygtk2
RPM's.

So, does any one have any great ideas?  Is anyone else having this same
issue?

Steven P. Ulrick