Re: weird F12 printing problem

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 08:51:16AM -0800, Mike Cloaked wrote:

> fred smith wrote:
> >

> > It's NOT a shared printer. it is attached to the LAN with its own IP
> > address.
> >
> > I ran the troubleshooter and it did not turn up anything helpful.
> >
> > every computer in the house as well as a couple of laptops all print to it
> > as an IPP printer, successfully (from various versions of LInux and also
> > from Windoze XP). Only this one F12 installation has trouble using it as
> > an IPP printer.
> >

> Is all your other networking running ok in the F12 running in the VM - i.e.
> can you make other calls out from f12 to the outside world via the host's
> nic? I still presume that port 631 needs to be forwarded through to the f12
> os running in the VM - maybe this is a problem with networking from the vm?
> Is the nic bridged or natted to the VM??

It's bridged. everything else we've tried works, e.g., firefox, ssh.

I explicitly opened 631 in the firewall and when that didn't help I
completely disabled the firewall, which still didn't help.

weird thing is that (as I said in the original posting, but which seems
to have been deleted by someone else before this branch/thread appeared)
is that it works FINE if I set it up as a jetdirect (port 9100) printer.

    community.
 --Roger Ebert, December, 1996