Re: setting up the android SDK on fedora

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 3:44 AM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Android wants the 1.5 JDK; it's incompatible with Java 1.6.
>
>  seriously?  even running the emulator?  because i can do *that* with
> openjdk 1.6.

The Android.com website says somewhere that JDK 1.6 is incompatible
with some construction used by Android's Java.  I think it may be a
Google-specific extension to the Java language.

On my own box, I find that despite my best efforts, I am unable to
prevent 1.6 from getting installed.  All I have to do is sneeze, and
then Yum wants to install the 1.6 JDK because it is a dependency of
the tissue with which I wipe my nose.

So what I'm going to have to do, is have both the 1.5 and 1.6 JDKs
installed, but hide the 1.6 from all the Android tools.

Don Quixote.
--
Don Quixote de la Mancha
quixote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx