Re: Display settings should not be per user

2010/2/12 Tobias Ringström <tobias@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I'm using two 1280x1024 displays rotated 90 degrees with an Nvidia
> graphics card, and I was very impressed by Fedora 12, because it was the
> first Fedora release where I could get this setup working without using
> Nvidia's closed source driver, and I didn't even have to fiddle with
> xorg.conf. After a few very intuitive changes in
> gnome-display-properties, it was just perfect.

I'm trying in vain to get Twinview to work with NVIDIA's proprietary
drivers. You know, images that show in a 5x4 format on my Viewsonic
monitor showing fullscreen in 5x4 format on my Sony TV and images that
are 16x9 filling up all the TV screen.

Do you believe this it is possible with the Nouveau driver? That would
be wonderful, mainly if it wouldn't prevent me from installing a TV
tuner later on.