RE: Building the kernel and kernel objects

On 2010-02-11 09:10 I wrote:

> On 10-02-10 20:03:00, Tony Nelson wrote:
> >
> > You might also look into
> > building "out of tree" kernel modules, also in those instructions.
>
> If only I could understand them.

To be more specific: the instructions seem to assume that, if module
foo.ko is being built, there will be a file foo.c.  In the case of
udf.ko there is no file called udf.c.  I haven't managed to find
how to build udf.ko on its own.  There must be a way, and I'd like
to use it, if only I knew or could work out what it is.

Dave

NICE CTI Systems UK Limited ("NICE") is registered in England under company number, 3403044. The registered office of NICE is at Tollbar Way, Hedge End, Southampton, Hampshire SO30 2ZP.

Confidentiality: This communication and any attachments are intended for the above-named persons only and may be confidential and/or legally privileged. Any opinions expressed in this communication are not necessarily those of NICE. If this communication has come to you in error you must take no action based on it, nor must you copy or show it to anyone; please delete/destroy and inform the sender by e-mail immediately.

Monitoring: NICE may monitor incoming and outgoing e-mails.

Viruses: Although we have taken steps toward ensuring that this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.