Re: Building the kernel and kernel objects

On 10-02-10 05:39:06, Dave Higton wrote:
> [...]

I can see that you're also a first-time RPM (rpmbuild) user.

> Even more frustrating: while the kernel build was running, I
> searched for udf.ko and found one that was of identical size
> to the distribution version.  By the time I tried to run a
> binary comparison, the file had been deleted.
>
> The penultimate line in the build window was:
>
> + rm -rf
> /home/my-username/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/
> kernel-2.6.27.41-170.2.117.abc42.fc
> 10.i386
>
> so that's what did the damage.  Where and why does that line
> exist?

It means that the new RPMs are all built.  You just need to install
them.  See the instructions you're following.  You might also look into
building "out of tree" kernel modules, also in those instructions.