Re: Packages to be removed for Fedora 13

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 02:33:26 +1030, Tim wrote:

> > To "follow the default route" is the behaviour for the "Default"
> > device selection. Selecting a specific device from the list of
> > available devices turns of that feature.
>
> Yes, it's obviously meant to work that way, but it wasn't.  It'd get
> stuck at one of the changes, and not recover.  Occasionally, I'd find it
> monitoring the local loopback network.  ;-\

That would be strange, as the code explicitly ignores the loopback device
when automatically choosing a device to monitor.

It directly examines /proc/net/route for the default route device, where
"lo" doesn't appear under normal circumstances (unless you explicitly make
"lo" the default route). And in case you don't have any default route set,
it relies on glibtop for finding interfaces which are up and not "lo".
If it automatically switched to "lo", that could have been a temporary
issue in glibtop.

Further, the automatic switching to "default route" device is broken,
and the trivial patch (IPv4 only) is here:
  http://bugzilla-attachments.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=141906