Re: F12 and SyncMaster 2443 and 1920x1200 resolution?

On Tuesday 09 February 2010 19:55:48 Paul Erickson wrote:
> Okay, let's see if I can get it right this time???
>
> Has anyone been able to successfully configure F12 to support 1920x1200
> resolution with the Samsung SyncMaster 2443?

Ok, now you got the numbers right, I guess. :-)

So, as several people pointed out in several other threads so far, you can
start by telling us what resolution _does_ work, with which driver, and by
posting the output of xrandr, contents of /etc/X11/xorg.conf and
/var/log/Xorg.0.log . Then we might get a clue what's wrong. :-)

And as I just found out from another thread, nvidia driver seems to have
problems reading EDID data from some monitor brands (don't know whether the
bug is with nvidia or the monitors). Either way, putting

 Option "ModeValidation" "NoTotalSizeCheck"

inside the Device section in xorg.conf apparently helps it to read EDID
better, and thus detect all available resolutions. It just might work in your
case as well. Note, this works only with nvidia driver, not with nouveau and
others.

So come back to us with the logs, and also try out that option. :-)

HTH, :-)
Marko