Re: ATI graphics mobility 5830 - does it work?

On Monday 08 February 2010 03:26:27 Mail Lists wrote:
>   What about the rpmfusion packed ATI drivers - do they work I wonder ?

There are no ATI drivers in rpmfusion, AFAIK. The ATI's closed source Catalyst
(formerly called fglrx) drivers reportedly do not work with current version of
X. Since the time of Fedora 11 (or was it 10?) there haven't been any in the
repos.

You can try downloading the Catalyst driver from the official AMD website, and
installing/compiling the drivers yourself. But their absence of a precompiled
package in rpmfusion suggests that you are bound to run into nontrivial
problems.

I wouldn't know the exact nature of the problems, though. Maybe someone else
can provide more detailed information on this?

Best, :-)
Marko