Re: radeon driver heading in wrong direction :-(.

On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 21:34:33 -0500
Tom Horsley wrote:

> ATI Technologies Inc RV410 [Radeon X700 Pro (PCIE)]
>
> This one seems to work perfectly with the default
> installation (using KMS).

Actually, I take back the part about it working perfectly.
I never use any 3D apps on this thing, but since I was
taking a survey of the state of my ATI cards, I tried
running neverputt for the first time in ages on here.

Bad mistake. It draws the initial window then my system
completely freezes up. No disk, no network, screen frozen.
Locked up solid. Nothing showed up in any log files, just
a complete sudden death experience.

So I guess it is just as well I don't need 3D for anything :-).