Re: How do I use the drupal installed via yum?

Here's how I'd handle it

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName www.myserver.com
DocumentRoot /usr/share/drupal
</VirtualHost>

In /usr/share/drupal, move sites to /var/www and replace it (in the
drupal directory) with a soft link.

In /var/www/sites, create a folder writeable by apache called
www.myserver.com and copy the contents of default into it.  SELinux
expects the server to write here and won't complain.

When you first configure the server, tell it that the site is in
sites/www.myserver.com.  This will allow you to easily handle a
multi-site Drupal installation.

On my system, I get Drupal directly from the the drupal site, so I have
it set up differently

/var/www/
    drupal-6.15
       sites -> ../sites
    drupal -> drupal-6.15
    sites
       all
         themes
         modules
       www.sterndata.com
         files

When a new release of drupal is available, I just download it into
/var/www, change sites to point to ../sites, and change the pointer for
drupal to the new release.

All Drupal sites on my system use the same DocumentRoot,
/var/www/drupal/drupal

hth

--
-- Steve