Re: difference between /proc/cpuinfo and AMD product specs

On Thu, 2010-02-04 at 14:57 -0500, Matthew Saltzman wrote:

> /proc/cpuinfo shows the current clock speed.  Many processors,
> especially laptops, scale down the speed of idle processors to save
> power.
>
> Try running a program that contains a tight infinite loop and see what
> happens then.

Quick question about cpuspeed.  I had it on as well and again it only
showed 800 like his did.  So what I want to know, is if you have a
desktop that you use for normal every day computing (web browsing,
email, update rpms and that type thing) is it worth running cpuspeed and
letting your cpu's get throttled until needed or however it works (dual
cpus btw).

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY