Re: Open source medication adherence tools?

http://www.callingallinovators.com

> I've owned all the N-series tablets since the 800 - my 900 arrived the
> other week and although it does have some rough edges I'm really pretty
> happy with it (certainly, it feels a lot less "beta" than the
> "professional", proprietary tool that I previously used for managing RAW
> files from my cameras!).

This is my first N-series tablet, but I've owned many Nokia devices over
the years.

> Sorry if I wasn't clear - I'm not looking to create a pharmacy app (in
> fact, there seemed already to be some medical records / stores type apps
> floating around although they are not my interest here so did not look
> to see if they are any good).
>
> This is purely for individuals to track their own medication.
>
> E.g. "I need to take the blue inhaler as I need it, the green and brown
> ones twice a day, the yellow pills in the morning, the pink ones at
> night and two of the brown ones with lunch.. now, what have I
> forgotten?" :-)
>
> The idea'd be that you enter the drugs you're taking and the schedule
> you take them on (ideally with a database that knows common pack/blister
> strip sizes and regimes) and the app issues reminders, asks for
> acknowledgment that you've taken the dose etc.
>
> I can see lots of potential for additional functionality - pretty graphs
> spring instantly to mind but also reminding when you need to order new
> supplies, checking off packs at the end of the day/week/month to make
> sure nothing got skipped etc.

Yes, I was just stating that the global pharmacy arena with regards to
open source is dull.

> That would be great! It's been a while since I've done anything
> involving a GUI but I've started having a play with the Maemo 5 SDK at
> home.

Just hit me up on IM, maemo-developers, or whatever communication you
want to use, I'll be around.