Re: NVIDIA: no sound to TV via HDMI

<-----------------------[SNIP]----------------->

> So, the S/PDIF wire is now in the right plug and... sound still
> doesn't get out on the TV. Maybe this has to do with Alsamixer
> defaulting on "Default", with only has a setting for "Master". This
> corresponds to the setting in the GNOME top panel.
>
> If I press F6, my integrated audio card appears as 0 - HDA ATI SB
>
> I make all my settings, but it has not effect: it seems the Default is
> always enabled.

Make sure you have the polarity correct on your jumper. Hooking it
up backwards can damage the video card and/or the sound card.

Then check your Pulse Audio settings to make sure you have the
digital output enabled. This has already been covered in this thread...

Mikkel