Re: F8: CPAN problem

On Thu, 2010-01-28 at 18:46 -0800, Dan Thurman wrote:
> Yes, dovecot is just am IMAP server, but the problem is, that
> sendmail by default uses the mbox format.  From what I read,
> it says that you need procmail or other method to convert the
> mbox format into maildir format - which is the part - that I have
> yet to understand how this is actually done.

Sendmail uses a Mail Delivery Agent (MDA) to actually deliver mail.
There are several of these out there, including procmail and maildrop.
Since you can configure sendmail to pipe messages to the MDA, there's no
question of file conversion. In your case an obvious candidate is
Dovecot's own LDA (Local Delivery Agent). Whatever MDA you choose, you
configure it to store messages in maildir format.

You might find this helpful: http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA

poc