Re: RFC about socket/cores numbers and HT info

On Thu Jan 28 11:30:31 UTC 2010 John Aldrich wrote:
> /dev/mem: Permission denied
I thought that if run by root, it should not give this permission
denied problem.... strange

I didn't mention in general that on RH EL based systems, the dmidecode
rpm is needed and that the binary is in /usr/sbin (I didn't put the
full path inside the script..)

What output do you receive with the command:
dmidecode -t processor?

> One note: it didn't hit me immediately, but I needed to run dos2unix on it
> to strip the EOL characters and make it run-able on my linux box.

I needed to upload from a win PC and it automatically converted, I suppose ;-(

Thanks fro noting this