Re: pm-utils failed in 3 fedora version in my laptop

Hi Nicholas Yau,

For hibernation/sleep/standby, the system' internal storage disk will save the OS image of the running OS condition as it is, with the current opening and running applications and its internal states.

By seems the Error code

         "PM: Resume from disk failed"

In your case, software resume is getting failed.

Could you please inform me,

1. Does the previous kernel, which you used in your laptop was working fine during sleep/wake-up?

2. Since in kernel 2.6.31 to 2.6.33 they have been updated some part of power management code, but am sure which is not related with your failing case.

3. If the #1 is working and *ok* for your case, then the case is might be other than the laptop power management in Hardware level.

We can figure-out this at first. Could you please come up with some inputs on this.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Ramesh Ramasamy