Re: [Solved] Nividia Twinview Problem?

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 5:28 PM, Gilboa Davara <gilboad@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-01-24 at 16:14 -0500, Marcel Rieux wrote:
>> >
>> > I'm using two screens with different aspect ration in TwinView mode on
>> > two machines.
>> > If you want to solve your problem (as opposed to useless rants), I'd
>> > suggest you start by posting information about your setup, org.conf,
>> > etc.
>> >
>> > P.S. This is -not- a Fedora issue.
>>
>> It might not be. Do you mean by this that Windows users experience the
>> same problem?
>
> Nope.
> I'd imagine that it's a broken xorg.conf configuration.

What broke my xorg.conf?  nvidia-settings. Do you believe nvsvc32.exe
breaks Windows settings? Possible.

>> I first asked here and only Ed Greshko answered but he had no
>> solution. I didn't have a single answer on the NVIDIA forums. So, yes,
>> it's a rant.

> You do understand that ranting won't get you anywhere

You know what? The first message I posted on NVIDIA forums was a rant.
It's not that I'm just fed up with them giving no support at all. So,
I thank you very much for your advice.

> Hope it helps,

It doesn't. I won't try the billion combinations possible between your
file and mine. If you know how to get a clean set up -- not something
that looks like a quick hack, like I was telling Ed -- from the xorg
file nvidia-settings has created, please tell me. Otherwise, I've been
through enough: Why don't you try this and that.

At minimum wage, I've spent more then 10 times the price of the card
to try to get it working. This is not normal. If you have a precise
solution, I'll try it. But there are too many people on the net losing
way too much time trying to get NVIDIA cards working, either with
Linux or Windows. When you offer a product, you must provide support.

NVIDIA's attitude is unacceptable.