Re: [Solved] Nividia Twinview Problem?

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 6:21 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Marcel Rieux wrote:
>>
>> I first asked here and only Ed Greshko answered but he had no
>> solution. I didn't have a single answer on the NVIDIA forums. So, yes,
>> it's a rant.
>>
> But, what I did say is that I did have twinview running a while back.

You said that you got it working by putting some settings in the
Device instead of the screen section but the documentation is adamant
Sreen Or Device is the same. That's not the problem.  I left it where
nvidia-settings puts it. If NVIDIA is wrong and they provide no
support, they'll feel the shit hit the fan.

Maybe you should try to realize your tour de force once more if it's
so little problem to you. I mean no getting some kind of something on
the TV,

5x4 background images not streched on the TV, but 4x3 stretched,

mplayer not quite filling the screen

and so on.

I mean something that looks clean and not as a quick hack.

I use NVIDIA proprietary drivers and nvidia-settings to set up
xorg.conf. The community doesn't have the code and I cannot ask the
community to fix teh problem. It's for NVIDIA to fix the problem. If
Asus fucked things up, NVIDIA shouldn't license them to use their
hardware. I won't run around between the two.

Nvidia CEO, Jen-Hsun Huang, makes his publicity for being very helpful:

"And it was there that he first showed signs of leadership. Sharing
quarters with an illiterate 17-year-old covered in tattoos and knife
scars, Huang taught his roommate how to read."

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/10.07/Nvidia.html

I don't find the guy helpful at all, offering no support whatsoever.

> FWIW, keep your sound problem in the same thread that you started with
> subject "Re: NVIDIA: no sound to TV via HDMI".

What concerned sound has been reposted to the sound thread. You missed nothing.